CALL US TODAY 860-214-2300
Buyers - What you need to know.....
When you decide to buy, everyone has advice. Your Brother, your Uncle and your Mother will want to help but no advice can take the place of sitting down with a professional Real Estate Agent to answer your questions. To help you begin, let's set out a roadmap that will give you a place to start.
- PRE-QUALIFICATION- Meet with a mortgage broker and find out how much you can afford to pay for your new home
- PRE-APPROVAL-With pre-approval, you actually apply for a mrtgage and receive a commitment in writing from a lender. This allows you to look at homes that are within your mortgage guidelines http://www.mccuemortgage.com
- CREATE A LIST - Knowing in advance what you want and need in your new home will keep you on track of what your looking for and will help your agent to choose homes to show you. One list should include what you must have; number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, one story versus two story, etc. Second list should include your wants, things that you would ike to see in your new home; den, office space, pool, etc.
- TO AGENT OR NOT TO AGENT- Interview a Real Estate Agent. Hiring a professional to help guide you through your adventure of home ownership can eliminate headaches and can clear the path to your dream home with minimum hassles along the way. Find an agent that listens to your wants and needs, understands exactly what you are looking for, spends time answering all your questions and is accessable to you when you need them.
- HOME SEARCH - To maximize your home search efforts, here are some items that are a must to bring with you
1) Detailed maps of the areas that interest you
2) A file of properties your agent has given you along with newspaper ads you found
3) Note taking materials
4) Digital or video camera, this will help you remember all the properties you've seen
This should give some basic ideas on where a starting point for your buying adventure can begin. For more detailed information, please feel free to call us or click on "contact us" on our website pages and we will be glad to answers all your questions.
SELLING - Where do I begin?
When you are deciding to sell, before anything else, it is a good idea to sit down and clarify your motivations and draw up a basic time frame for the selling process. There are many things to consider when you decide to sell, here are just a few.
- WHY DO YOU WANT TO SELL? - A simple question but it may do well to consider the implications of each option for your lifestyle, opportunities and finances.
- DECIDING FACTORS - Do you intend to simply find a larger property? Plan on moving to another neighborhood, school district, city or state?
- TIME FRAME - What is your selling time frame? If there is no pressing need to sell, an Agent can sit down with you to review current market conditions to find the most favorable time to sell. If you need to sell quickly, an Agent can speed up the process by giving you a complete market analysis and action plan to obtain your goals.
Deciding to sell your property demands a serious consideration of your current financial situation and future possibilities. With the help of our qualified Agents, you will be able to effectively assess the cumulative impact of this decision.